The town has made available frames to display four 4 feet by 8 feet sign boards to publicize events benefiting or open to the general public. The frames are located on Route 20 at the Weston border, Route 20 at the intersection of Routes 27 and 126, the intersection of Old Connecticut Path and Routes 126 and 27, and the Cochituate Fire Station. The following procedures govern the use of these sign boards.
1. Sign boards may be reserved by calling or writing the Department of Public Works at (508) 358-3672
2. Due to the demand for these signboards, priority is given as follows:
- Town Meeting and all elections, Special Town Meeting, and Candidates’ Night take precedence over all organizations.
- Requests from Town departments
- Wayland civic, nonprofit, and Town-wide organizations
- Church groups
3. Signs must be painted attractively with waterproof paint on 4 x 8 foot wood boards or an aluminum composite
panel no thicker than 3/8 inch.
4. Signs must be delivered to the Wayland DPW Garage prior to 6:30 a.m. on the Monday on which they are
to be displayed.
5. The usual period of display will be one week, from Monday to Monday. Signs must be picked up at the Wayland
DPW Garage as soon as possible after they have been taken down.
6. The Town is not responsible for loss or damage to the signs.
When the Town signboards have already been reserved, town-wide civic and nonprofit organizations may request in writing permission from the Board of Selectmen to display sandwich board signs adjacent to the Town signboards. Sandwich-board signs must be smaller than the Town signs. They must be placed so as not to obscure the Town signs and secured in such a way that they are not displaced by wind. They may be displayed for a period of one week and must be removed promptly after the advertised event.
To request permission to display your sandwich board signs, contact MaryAnn DiNapoli at (508) 358-3621 or click here to send an email.