Who can use the Dial A Ride van?
- All Wayland residents 65 years of age or older and
- Disabled residents of any age
- Travel for any purpose
- NOTE: Anyone who wants to use the van must first register with the MWRTA before being eligible to book a ride. Proof of age or disability will be required. For registration forms, click here to download, or call the MWRTA at 508-820-4650 or the Wayland COA at 508-358-2990.
What is Dial A Ride?
- This is a handicapped accessible, shared ride van providing curb-to-curb transportation throughout the MetroWest community. Rides may be for shopping, leisure, work, and/or medical appointments. Rides are provided on a 'space available' basis.
- The van runs M-F starting at 7 AM and the last pick up is at 6:30 PM.
Where will the van take me?
- Travel anywhere within these MWRTA communities for any reason--- $2 each way:
Ashland, Framingham, Holliston, Hopkinton, Marlboro, Natick, Sherborn, Southborough, Sudbury, Wayland, and Weston. $2 each way.
- Travel in the extended service area* for MEDICAL RIDES ONLY--- $3 each way:
Emerson Hospital, Berlin, Dover, Hudson, Lincoln, Maynard, Medfield, Medway, Milford, Millis, Needham, Newton, Northborough, Shrewsbury, Stow, Upton, Waltham, Wellesley, Westborough
*NOTE: Boston, Worcester, Brookline, and Jamaica Plain (VA Hospital only) are $5 each way and service hours are restricted to mid-day only.
How do I pay?
- Upon registration you will establish a fare account with theMWRTA
- Accounts are automatically debited on the day of your ride.
How do I schedule a ride?
- You must make a reservation in advance. You may call for your reservation up to two weeks before, but no les than 48 business hours prior to your travel date. Ride requests are filled on a space available basis.
- Call the Dial A Ride Call Center at 508-820-4650 to make your reservation. The Call Center is open M-F from 8-4.