The Council on Aging provides a variety of Health and Wellness Programs including:
- Fitness classes taught by certified instructors are offered weekly;
- Zumba: cardio fitness with dance,
- Lois' Fit for Future: aerobic exercise to music, includes stretching, toning and weights,
- Better Balance: using balls, bands, weights and incorporating yoga, tai chi and chi gong, this class helps improve posture, flexibility, mobility and more,
- Tai Chi: modified Tai Chi to build strength and balance, reduce blood presure and reduce pain,
- Pilates: a method of total body conditioning that builds strength and flexibility, especially in the body’s core,
- Thera-Tube: fitness class with instruction using resistance bands with handles to increase range of motion and strength.
- A Podiatry Clinic is offered every 4-6 weeks, by appointment. Dr. W. Clayton Cooper, DPM, from Southboro Medical Group comes to the COA for nail clipping only. To schedule a clinic appointment with Dr. Cooper please call the COA, 508-358-2990.
- Special presentations on various health topics are offered throughout the year including subjects such as, nutrition, diabetes management, chronic disease management, alzheimer’s support, cardiac education and many other health information presentations.
- Blood pressure checks are available by appointment at the Wayland Health Department, 508-358-3617.
- Please look to our newsletter for dates and times on our current offerings.