Shaw Drive & Fox Meadow Lane Paving
Thursday June 23 & Friday June 24
Final paving of Shaw Drive and Fox meadow Lane will begin on Thrusday June 23 and continue through Friday June 24.
During this time, the road will be closed to through traffic and will be accessible by residents only - please seek alternate routes.
Commencement of Road Construction
Shaw Drive & Fox Meadow Lane
Monday, June 20, 2016
The Wayland Department of Public Works will begin to reconstruct the above roads beginning the week of June 20, 2016. Any sprinkler heads, invisible dog fences, plantings, or any other fixtures or permanent structures located in the unpaved area on either side of the paved roadway,(i.e. the Town's Right-of-Way)must be removed prior to the start of road improvements. Within the road construction time frame any on-street parking will be prohibited. On occasion you may encounter equipment and workers in the road. Surfaces may be rough uneven, unfinished and may have raised structures.
Please with safety in mind: Keep speeds to a minimum, follow all signage and generally proceed with caution.
During the road construction you will notice several phases of activity:
1. Lowering of all drainage structures and water and gas gates.
2. Pulverization of existing pavement.
3. Reshaping of the new base.
4. Placement of bituminous base course.
5. Raising of drainage structures and water and gas gates.
6. Curbing placement where applicable.
7. Placement of the final wearing course.
8. Matching all driveways to grade.
9. Loam, seeding of shoulder areas.
Once complete the Department policy established in 1988 and State road funding regulations prevents any road excavation on a newly constructed road for a period of five(5) years.
Any questions that you may have can be directed to the DPW Foreman on site, or contact the DPW Senior Foreman Joe Doucette at (508)-358-6853. Between the hours of 6:30am and 2:30pm.
Interim Wayland DPW Director
FY2017 TRANSFER STATION STICKERS ARE NOW ON SALE
Full Sticker Price is now $145.00
Valid July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017
Purchase your new permit in-person with a check or online by credit card
SAVE TIME - PURCHASE YOUR FULL PERMIT ONLINE NOW
BY CLICKING HERE:
IMPORTANT: TO GET YOUR STICKER, YOU MUST PRINT YOUR RECEIPT AND BRING TO THE TRANSFER STATION ALONG WITH A COMPLETED PERMIT APPLICATION
Permit is valid through June 30, 2017
ODD/EVEN WATER BAN
EFFECTIVE JUNE 4, 2016
The hours for ALL UNDERGROUND LAWN SPRINKLER USE shall be between the hours of 7:00pm and 7:00am
The mandatory water restrictions are printed below:
Pursuant to Chapter 190 of the Town of Wayland By-laws, the Board of Public Works has declared a state of Water Supply Conservation based on low flow conditions at USGS Gauge 01099500. Wayland is required to monitor low flow conditions and institute water conservation measures accordingly per MassDEP. Watering is restricted to odd/even (odd house numbers on odd number days, even house numbers on even days) and restricted the use of underground sprinklers only between the hours of 7:00pm to 7:00am. The following restriction is in effect beginning June 4, 2016.
- Underground sprinklers & above ground sprinklers attached to hoses: Outdoor watering by water users with odd numbered houses are restricted to odd numbered days. Outdoor watering by water users with even numbered houses are restricted to even numbered days. On the day which watering is allowed, watering must be done between the hours of 7:00pm and 7:00am. Daytime watering is prohibited.
- Handheld Hose: Handheld hose watering is not restricted and is allowed at all times and on all days.
This restriction will remain in effect until a notice of termination is voted upon by the Board of Public Works. Additional restrictions may be enacted if the above restriction is not adequate to reduce water consumption.
Wayland Board of Public Works
Chris Brown, Chair
Mike Lowery, Vice Chair
Prescott Baston, Jr.
THE WAYLAND DPW IS ON FACEBOOK!
The Wayland DPW is now on Facebook at www.facebook.com/WaylandDPW - We hope to use the page to share important news and updates pertaining to your DPW. For questions, comments, or requests for service, please call our office at 508-358-3672.