I need to apply for/renew my Firearms License, what should I do?
The Office of Firearms Licensing handles all (New and Renewable) permits. First time applicants MUST meet with the Chief of Police. To make an appointment, simply call 1-508-358-1712 to schedule an appointment with the Chief of Police. If you are renewing a Firearms License or Firearms Identification card you must download the application. The following link will take you to the application page on Mass.gov
******If this is a new permit for an FID or License To Carry, you will need the following:**********
1) Copy of the Basic Firearms Safety Course Certificate
2) Application for License To Carry (Completed). References are required.
3) Short letter addressed to Chief Patrick Swanick telling why you would like a Firearm License.
(Make an appointment with the Chief of Police 508-358-1712)
4) First time applicants MUST fill out their Social Security Number. This is NOT optional. Your number is sumitted with your finger prints to both State Police and to the Department of Mental Health.
5) A Check made out to the Town Of Wayland in the amount of $100.00.
If this is a renewal, you will need to DOWNLOAD the Application from the link above.
1) You may either mail your renewal application, or bring the application to the police department.
2) You must SIGN AND DATE your renewal application
3) Include with your completed application a check made out to the Town Of Wayland in the amount of $100.00