The 2013 Annual Town Meeting will begin on Thursday, April 4, 2013, at 7:30 p.m. in the Wayland High School Field House. Electronic voting will be used for all motions. For the third time, Selectmen have authorized a Sunday afternoon session. The second session of Annual Town Meeting will be held on Sunday, April 7, 2013, beginning at 1:00 p.m. with the intent of continuing to 6:00 p.m. if necessary to complete action on the Warrant. Subsequent sessions of Annual Town Meeting are planned for Tuesday, April 9, 2013, at 7:30 p.m. and Wednesday, April
10, 2013, at 7:30 p.m. if necessary. The Warrant will open on Tuesday, December 18, 2012, at 8:30 a.m. through Tuesday, January 15, 2013, at 4:30 p.m. in the Selectmen's office in Wayland Town Building.
Tentative dates have been set for other town meeting related events and activities (subject to approval by sponsoring board):
- Finance Committee article hearing - Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 7:15 p.m., Large Hearing Room, Wayland Town Building
- Last day to submit sponsor's or petitioner's comments for publication in the Warrant - Wednesday, February 13, 2013
- Finance Committee presentation to the Board of Selectmen on debt exclusion ballot questions (if any) and Board of Selectmen vote to authorize debt exclusion ballot question (if any) - Monday, February 11, 2013 and Monday, February 25, 2013
- Postal delivery of Annual Town Meeting Warrant - approximately Friday, March 22, 2013
- Annual Town Meeting Warrant Hearing - Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 7:00 p.m., Large Hearing Room, Wayland Town Building
Documents related to the April 2013 Annual Town Meeting are posted below.