What if I disagree with the assessed valuation of my home?

Every taxpayer has the right to file an application for abatement on the value of their house.  An application for abatement is a request for the office to review the value of a property.  The taxpayer must file this application between the date when the bills are first mailed, sometime in late December, and the date of first actual tax bill, February 1st.  The Assessors Office will visit your property and then review the value which was committed.  If the property is determined to be over valued, a refund will be issued to the taxpayer.  The office has up to 90 days to act on your application.