Wayland Health Department COVID-19 Hotline 508-358-6805
- If you are feeling any COVID-19 symptoms, we advise you to contact the Health Department and your primary care physician for guidance. Call for those experiencing symptoms, concerns about exposure and seeking information specific to the COVID-19 virus.
- Symptom Checker: Buoy.com/mass Understand Your Symptoms. Make Smarter Decisions about COVID-19.
- Report a case. The Wayland Board of Health (BOH) continues to urge all residents and businesses to self-report any COVID-19 symptoms to the Coronavirus Hotline at 508-358-6805 and your primary care physician. Such reporting is critically important to assist with the Town’s case tracking and to maintain awareness of all COVID-19 cases in Wayland, whether residents or business employees. The Health Department strictly maintains patient confidentiality on this and all health matters.
General Help Line 508-358-7701
- For residents who may need assistance obtaining basic and important life necessities, such as food or medications. This phone line is being staffed and messages are returned as soon as possible.
Council on Aging Phone Line 508-358-2990
- For information on Council on Aging services, for a friendly check in, or other services. This phone line is being staffed and messages are returned as soon as possible.
Emotional Support or Mental Health Services 508-358-4293
- Youth and Family Services staff is providing help with emotional support or mental health services
- For immediate mental health services, call Psychiatric Emergency Services, in Framingham, at (800) 640-5432
- For emergency help, call 911
Town of Wayland Essential Services Available
Many Town Offices are closed to the public, but staff and resources are available by phone, email and online resources.
Payments and other town business can be dropped off in the drop box in front of Town Building.
Bills can be paid online at anytime by visiting epay.cityhallsystems.com/
Town Building, Schools and Library remain closed to the public.Effective March 16, 2020 until further notice.
Below is a summary of the essential services and contact information for town departments
In order to help slow the spread of COVID-19, non-essential Town Services have been temporarily suspended following Governor Baker’s Executive Order of March 15, 2020. Essential personnel only will report to work. The Board of Selectmen have issued a Local State of Emergency, postponed the Town Election and declared an intent to postpone Town Meeting. Visit each department page for more detailed information.
|ESSENTIAL SERVICES AVAILABLE||CONTACT|
Excise Tax abatement applications (payment to Treasurer/Collector)
Senior Exemption, Circuit Breaker program, and CPA exemption applications through April 1 (unless extended by the governor or legislature)
Unsafe Structure Inspections per M.G.L. 143
Electrical emergency, immediately move to a safe location and call 911.
Gas Leak, if suspected, immediately move to a safe location and call 911 and 800-233-5325.
April 3: See update on Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) Page regarding hearings.
Council on Aging
Questions regarding senior home care; housing; health; and transportation
Closed. Necessary inspections and open permits. Must leash dogs.
Necessary highway and park maintenance
Reduced Hours: Open Thursday & Saturday 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Orange Pay-as-you Go trash bags are NOT available for sale at the Transfer Station.*
No payable items: No Bulky Waste, Electronics, Tires, Recyclable Mattresses & Box Springs
*As of 3/30, Transfer Station trash bags can be purchased at the Town Building. Please call first to place your order directly with the Treasurer at 508-358-3635. Payment and bags will be exchanged outside while practicing social distancing. Payments can be made by placing a check or cash in the exact amount in an envelope.
Public Building and school cleaning and disinfections
Necessary building repairs and maintenance
Fire & EMS Department
Fire/EMS Emergency Response
Essential Fire Safety Inspections
In Emergency Dial 911
Ruth Mori, RN
Information Technology (IT) Town Building
Internal Services Only
Starting June 1 Library will be offering Curbside Pickup. Details here.
Closed. No Services.
In Emergency Dial 911
Closed. No Programs or Services. Parks and Playgrounds are closed.
Schools are closed. Visit webpage for remote/distance learning information.
Town Administrator's Office
Oversight of all Town services
Birth and death certificates
Note: In compliance with the March 12, 2020 Massachusetts Office of the Governors’ Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law M.G.L. Chapter 30A, Section 20 Public Meetings are being held by teleconferencing and broadcast live on WayCAM with public participation via telephone by calling (508) 358-6812 during meetings.
Treasurer / Tax Collector
Receipt of payments for tax and utility bills.
*As of 3/30, Transfer Station trash bags can be purchased at the Town Building.Please call first to place your order directly with the Treasurer.
Emergency maintenance and repairs for Wayland Housing Authority properties
Emergency health and wellness checks
Youth & Family Services
Staff are available for phone counseling and outreach services.
Psychiatric Emergency Services, in Framingham, at (800) 640-5432.
For emotional support, call the state’s 211 to access “call to talk”.
Statewide List for Emergency Childcare
Water Treatment Division
All Services Pay Water Bills Online