Planning for Wayland’s railroad interpretive site is an unusual and unique effort for many reasons.
The numerous railroad related structures and features located within the site constitute an important historic and archeological resource for the town of Wayland.
The railroad corridor lies between the commercial district along Route 20 and important public facilities and institutions and the commercial area developed on the former Raytheon site.
This location provides the potential for the site to serve multi-purposes to the community as a whole and to adjacent properties and institutions which are important to the fabric and future of Wayland.
It also provides an opportunity to showcase a key factor in the history and development of the town.
- Planning Study to Create a Railroad Interpretive Site
- Eligibility for National Register Designation
- Article 20: Planning Study to Create a Railroad Interpretive Site
- Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society
- Community Preservation Coalition
- Massachusetts Bay Railroad Enthusiasts
- Friends of Bedford Depot Park