What We Do:
Inspectional services and permits are part of the Fire Prevention division of the Wayland Fire Department responsible for the coordination of all code compliance, and plan and technical review activities for our department.
The Inspectional Services Team performs all technical inspections and plan reviews for new construction and renovations working closely with the Building Commissioner to jointly enforce fire protection regulations.
All of our Firefighters and Officers perform basic code enforcement activities in addition to their fire suppression, rescue and emergency medical service duties. Some of the various fire prevention and code enforcement activities of our department include:
- Inspection of residential smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms;
- Quarterly inspections of all commercial business and public buildings;
- Quarterly fire drills and fire inspections of all public and private schools;
- Quarterly inspections and fire safety reviews of all nursing homes and assisted living facilities;
- Inspection of all work relevant to the storage of fuel oil, gasoline and other flammable and combustible liquids;
- Review of all plans for commercial or residential construction or renovation;
- Review and approval of all fire protection systems, including fire sprinklers and fire detection, as well as fixed and portable fire suppression systems.
Contact the Inspectional Services Team by email or call (508) 358-7951 to schedule an inspection.
|Dan Spurling||Firefighter/Inspector||(508) 358-7951|