View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
|8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm*|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 12:30 pm|
The Recreation Department is open until 7:00 pm on a Tuesday following a Monday holiday.
How to Reach Us
- Recreation Department Programs are suspended until further notice. It is department policy to cancel programs when Wayland Public Schools are closed. There is an exception for some Recreation offerings, which can be conducted using remote technology; those instructors will contact registered participants directly, where applicable.
- Youth Sports Organizations We recommend that all youth sports organizations follow the lead of Wayland Public School Athletics programs and suspend programs until further notice. Grass playing fields are still closed.
- Town Fields remain closed for all organized usage until further notice. Please stay off all grass athletic fields. Dogs are never allowed on athletic play areas or the sand at Wayland Town Beach. The WHS turf stadium is still an active construction site, and no access is allowed.
- Playgrounds and Outdoor Courts are closed to public. The playgrounds cannot be kept disinfected.
- Town Building Gymnasium Gym permits, Volleyball and Badminton have been suspended until further notice. No new gymnasium permits will be issued at this time.
- Parks, Beaches and Trails Folks who are comfortable going outdoors (and who have not been instructed to quarantine), can stay active by walking, running, hiking or biking on local trails, while practicing social distancing recommendations from the CDC. There are also many resources online for exercising at home.
- Check waylandrec.com for updates on the status of recreation leagues, programs, lessons, classes and events, updates will be posted as they develop. The Recreation Department is working closely with the Health Department, and reserves the right to cancel, reschedule, postpone, relocate, combine or change programs, permits, events or large gatherings.
- Recreation will make every effort to deliver the services you expect, and will reschedule makeup sessions or issue a credit where applicable. We ask for your flexibility, support and understanding as we work to best address the public needs of our entire community at this difficult time.
- Rec Staff are unavailable by phone but can receive messages at (508) 358-3660 and email@example.com. We will return calls as soon as possible. Follow us on Facebook (@WaylandRec) as we will be posting content to keep kids entertained while out of school, and some special videos from their camp counselors.
- Sign up for alerts from the Town Of Wayland [bottom right hand corner]:
- CDC website:
The mission of the Wayland Recreation Department is to provide programs, facilities, and services designed to enhance the individual and community values of physical, social, creative, cultural and intellectual growth and development. Our contributions are measured by community participation.