View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
|8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm*|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 12:30 pm|
The Recreation Department is open until 7:00 pm on a Tuesday following a Monday holiday.
The Recreation Department manages many events and programs that happen outside these office hours.
How to Reach Us
Looking for a credit or refund for a 2020 Spring or Summer Program? Click Here.
- Town Beach 2020 Information: https://www.wayland.ma.us/beachphase2
- All beach visitors will have to pre-register prior to visiting the beach.
- No passes will be sold on site.
- Lifeguards will be on duty 10:00 a.m.- 7:30 p.m. and restrooms will be open.
- Click HERE to Register for a Beach Spot
- Due to capacity restrictions we are not selling season passes this season.
If you've already bought a season pass, don't worry we'll refund the fees if we cannot honor the pass, or we can apply the fees to day passes.
PHASE 3: The phased reopening gives businesses and organizations permission to reopen, but reopening is not mandatory. Subject to the approval of Local officials.
- Tennis Courts WHS Tennis Courts are still part of an active construction site. No access is allowed. These are the only outdoor public tennis courts in Wayland.
- Playgrounds continue to be closed until further notice at the direction of the Town Administrator and Health Department.
- Youth & Adult Sports Organizations
- Town Fields
- Limited field permits are being issued in Phase III. See above guidelines and submit a COVID-19 Control Plan with request form.
- Maintain social distance: 6 feet or more between persons.
- Wear face coverings when social distancing is not possible.
- No groups larger than 25 are allowed to congregate.
- Spectators of youth sports activities should be limited to one adult chaperone per athlete.
- If a field is in use, please follow social distancing while waiting to occupy the area.
- All permenant structures, tables, benches and playground areas remain closed.
- The Wayland High School turf stadium is still an active construction site. No access is allowed.
- Only use fields that have signage that indicate they are open may be used.
- Dogs are never allowed on athletic play areas or the sand at Wayland Town Beach. Temporary Leash Order in effect in all other public areas.
- Town Building Gymnasium: Gym permits, Volleyball and Badminton programs have been suspended until further notice. No new gymnasium permits will be issued at this time.
- Parks, Outdoor Courts and Trails: Folks who are comfortable going outdoors (and who have not been instructed to quarantine), can stay active by walking, running, hiking or biking on local trails, while practicing social distancing and wearing masks where social distancing is not possible. Announce yourself if you will pass someone on a trail to allow them the opportunity to maintain 6 ft distance. Temporary Leash Order in effect. Do not touch or use benches, map boxes, kiosks, or other structures. Take a photo or scan the QR code at the kiosk to access the trail map. There are also many resources online for exercising at home.
- Recreation will make every effort to deliver the services you expect. We ask for your flexibility, support and understanding as we work to best address the public needs of our entire community at this difficult time.
- Rec Staff are available by phone and can receive messages at (508) 358-3660 and firstname.lastname@example.org. We will return calls as soon as possible. Follow us on Facebook (@WaylandRec) as we will be posting content to keep kids entertained, and some special videos from their camp counselors.
Mission Statement: The mission of the Wayland Recreation Department is to provide programs, facilities, and services designed to enhance the individual and community values of physical, social, creative, cultural and intellectual growth and development. Our contributions are measured by community participation.