View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
|8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm*|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 12:30 pm|
The Recreation Department is open until 7:00 pm on a Tuesday following a Monday holiday.
The Recreation Department manages many events and programs that happen outside these office hours.
How to Reach Us
After Hours Phone Number:
Beach House Seasonal Line: May to August / Evenings & Weekends: (508) 655-8237
Wayland Town Building, Second Floor
41 Cochituate RoadWayland, MA 01778-2614
- Town Beach: There is No Parking at the Town Beach until May 30. All beach visitors will have to pre-register prior to visiting the beach. The Town Beach will reopen on Saturday May 30, 2020. The Town is following the State's beach reopening guidance and will issue rules for parking and beach use in the next few days. More information about purchasing day passes, and how to reserve a spot on the beach will be availble before Friday, May 29, 2020.
- Summer Camps Read our latest newsletter regarding Spring Programs and Summer Camps 2020. Weeks 1 & Week 2 of summer camps are cancelled. Check back soon for updates about the rest of the summer.
- Recreation Department Programs Spring programs have been cancelled. See above newsletter regarding credits. It is department policy to cancel programs when Wayland Public Schools are closed. There is an exception for some Recreation offerings, which can be conducted using remote technology; those instructors will contact registered participants directly, where applicable.
- Youth Sports Organizations We recommend that all youth sports organizations suspend programs until further notice. No field permits are being issued until further notice.
- Town Fields remain closed for all organized usage until further notice. As of May 25, Wayland is following the State's Phase 1 guidance for field usage: Maintain social distance: 6 feet or more between persons (unless members of the same household). Wear face coverings when social distancing is not possible. No groups larger than 10 are allowed to congregate. Non-contact sports only are allowed. No use of shared equipment (balls, bats, sticks, etc.). No pick-up or organized games or activities. If a field is in use, please follow social distancing while waiting to occupy the area. All structures and playground areas remain closed. The Wayland High School turf stadium is still an active construction site, and no access is allowed. Only use fields that have signage that indicate they are open for Phase 1 may be used.
- Dogs are never allowed on athletic play areas or the sand at Wayland Town Beach.
- Playgrounds continue to be closed until further notice.
- Town Building Gymnasium: Gym permits, Volleyball and Badminton have been suspended until further notice. No new gymnasium permits will be issued at this time.
- Parks, Outdoor Courts and Trails: Folks who are comfortable going outdoors (and who have not been instructed to quarantine), can stay active by walking, running, hiking or biking on local trails, while practicing social distancing and wearing masks where social distancing is not possible. Announce yourself if you will pass someone on a trail to allow them the opportunity to maintain 6 ft distance. Temporary Leash Order in effect. Do not touch or use benches, map boxes, kiosks, or other structures. Take a photo or scan the QR code at the kiosk to access the trail map. There are also many resources online for exercising at home.
- Check waylandrec.com for updates on the status of recreation leagues, programs, lessons, classes and events. Updates will be posted as they develop.
- Recreation will make every effort to deliver the services you expect. We ask for your flexibility, support and understanding as we work to best address the public needs of our entire community at this difficult time.
Rec Staff are available by phone and can receive messages at (508) 358-3660 and email@example.com. We will return calls as soon as possible. Follow us on Facebook (@WaylandRec) as we will be posting content to keep kids entertained, and some special videos from their camp counselors.
- Sign up for alerts from the Town Of Wayland [bottom right hand corner]: https://www.wayland.ma.us/
- CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/index.html
Mission Statement: The mission of the Wayland Recreation Department is to provide programs, facilities, and services designed to enhance the individual and community values of physical, social, creative, cultural and intellectual growth and development. Our contributions are measured by community participation.